As per the reports of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), the spread of the Novel Coronavirus Disease, which causes Respiratory Illness like the ‘Flu’ with the symptoms like fever, dry cough, difficulty in breathing (in severe cases), in the past two days in India, is increasing at a rate of approximately 39%. The biggest surge in the cases of Coronavirus has been witnessed in Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh. India’s trajectory is steeper than Asian peers like Singapore & Japan.
The Indian Government has enforced total lockdown till April 14, 2020, and curfew has also been imposed in many areas. People affected the most because of the lockdown are those dependent on the daily wages like the vegetable sellers, cab drivers, factory laborers, household maids and many more.
To combat this pandemic and to help out the needy, the world is coming together and putting their best efforts.
Biotechnology Industries – The Biotechnology Innovators are working together with the World Health Organization, U.S. Government agencies, Chinese authorities & non-government entities to meet the needs of the vaccinations, diagnosis, antiviral agents and the treatment of the infection.
- Different industries have accelerated the development of different vaccines and anti-viral therapies.
- Investigations have been done for several anti-viral drugs against the COVID-19, some of which have also entered the Clinical Trials Phase for testing their efficacy & safety.
- Work has also begun on testing the Medical Countermeasures available for SARS & MERS against COVID-19.
The Biotechnology Companies are responding much faster than ever to the Emerging Health Threats.
- In addition to the Biotech industries, Staff of the Hospitals & Clinical Laboratories have been working day & night to treat the patients infected with COVID-19.
- The Police authorities are working hard to help implement the Government Policies and monitor the spread of COVID-19.
- People of the country are contributing via different modes, including the contributions in the PM CARES Fund & donating food & other necessities to the people dependent on daily wages.
- Leading industries of the country like Tata Sons & Tata Trusts, Wipro Group & Azim Premji Foundation, Ministry of Petroleum, Reliance Industries, Paytm, Coal India, Larsen & Toubro, ITC, HDFC Group, LIC, JSW Group, Bajaj, Infosys, PhonePe, Torent Group, Hero Cycles, Adani Foundation, SBI, SAIL and many more have contributed in different ways like donating huge amounts towards PM CARES fund, amounts to the state governments and for the manufacturing of equipment for personal protection, respiratory systems, testing kits and setting up advanced treatment facilities and health workers’ training.
- Various actors from the Film Industry have also contributed towards combating COIVD-19 by donating money in the PM CARES Fund, to the State Governments and towards the development of kits, vaccines and other facilities for COVID-19 treatment.
World Health Organization (WHO) has also shared advisory guidelines for the public to stay safe from COIVD-19 infection and have also clarified various myths related to COVID-19. The basic protective measures against coronavirus are as follows:
- One of the most important measures is Awareness of the Latest Information on COIVD-19 via authentic websites only.
- All the public health advice from the local health authorities & WHO should be accurately followed.
- Washing hands frequently & thoroughly with soap and running water or with an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- The safest way to greet a person is to wave, nod or bow instead of shaking hands.
- If the development of even minor symptoms is observed, the concerned person should refer immediately to a doctor & seek medical care.
- People with more than 60 years of age or those having health conditions like Diabetes, Respiratory or Cardiovascular diseases should avoid any crowded places or interactions with sick people.
- Last but not the least, the spreading of rumors should be strictly avoided. It is advised to follow only the authentic websites for any query or information related to COVID-19.
Along with these various contributions towards the development of facilities to fight against the Novel Coronavirus Disease, all we need to do is take care of our own selves by Staying in Our Homes, taking care of our loved ones, helping those in need and following the Government instructions. We should be following SOCIAL DISTANCING very strictly as those violating it are the ones majorly responsible for the spread of COVID-19 infection.
Together we can fight this infection and eradicate it from this world.
STAY HOME, STAY SAFE… FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING…