About the course
A two-year full time M. Sc. Microbiology program, affiliated to University of Rajasthan, Jaipur is designed to fulfill the requirement of the emerging industries of Microbiology. Microbiologists study the interaction of micro-organisms with other organisms and how they affect their lives, as well as the roles played by these organisms in the environment. Microbiology plays an important role in industry, environment, agriculture and medicine. Today with the discipline of Microbiology poised to solve many challenges (in health, energy, environment etc) facing mankind.
- To offer challenging innovative program using considerable interdisciplinary research and technical strengths that exists within the institute.
- To provide students with scientific research skills in the multidisciplinary and knowledge intensive fields of Biotechnology in order to equip them for career opportunities in the global biotech market.
- To provide knowledge and skills and uses tools techniques and method which are immediately useful to employers both in India and overseas.
- Lectures allow students to update, extend and deepen the knowledge &, research career opportunities in industry, or as preparation for further academic research
- B.Sc. Degree (Pass course or Hons.) under the 10+2+3 scheme with Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Pharmacy/ Genetics/ Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Integrated Microbiology/ Integrated Biotechnology as one of the subjects. (Minimum of 55 % of aggregate marks for General category candidates, 60% marks for candidates from any Universities outside the State of Rajasthan)
- ii. As per the University of Rajasthan norms, if seats remain vacant in the college, the girl candidate is given reduction till 5% in minimum percentage for admission.
- At the time of admission, first installment of minimum 50% of course fee + caution money should be deposited.
- Rest of the course fee can be deposited in second installment, upto 10th November, 2017.
Failing to clear the dues, till 10th November 2017, a penalty of Rs. 100 per day will be charged.
Exceptions can be accepted only on management discretion.
- A reminder will be sent to parents and students 7 days before the fee submission dates.
- Fee can be submitted via cash payment, DD, cheques or electronic transfer to account. In case of direct fee deposit through Online transfer/Cash/Cheque or DD deposition in Institute’s A/c, it is student’s responsibility to share the proof of deposition same day with accounts department and collect the receipt. Account details will be shared only after a written request from the student.
- In case of cheque bounce, a penalty of Rs. 1000 will be levied upon.
- No kind of discounts shall be given to any student in any condition.
|Sr. No.||Course||Seats||Fee||Caution Money|
|1.||M. Sc. Microbiology(Previous)||40||55,000/-||3000/-|
|2.||M. Sc. Microbiology(Final)||40||55,000/-||---|
Career Opportunities & Placement
Microbiologists are employed by pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, food and beverage industries, and manufacturing companies, research & development, including the federal government, state and county health departments, and academic institutions.
The Placement Cell assists M. Sc. Microbiology students in planning their career and facilitates their entry into jobs that matches their interests.
M. Sc. Microbiology Scholarships
- Scholarships are available based on merit basis.
- Scholarships are available only for 1st year of the course.
- Scholarships will be released only after full payment of course fee.
- Scholarships are applicable only on course fee and not on caution money.
- Due to any reason, student leave the course without its completion, he/she has to pay scholarship amount with 12% per annum interest.
For Inhouse students
- 50% Scholarship :For University Topper
- 25% Scholarship : Above 80% in Graduation
- 15% Scholarship : In-house student of B.Sc. Biotechnology
- 50% Scholarship : For University Topper
- 25% Scholarship : Above 80% in graduation
- 15% Scholarship : 75% – 80% in graduation