About the course
A two-year full time M. Sc. Biotechnology program affiliated to University of Rajasthan, Jaipur is designed to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and experience that are needed to pursue a successful career in biotechnology. The investigative, preparative and analytical scientific techniques that are the foundations of biotechnology are primarily taught via lectures, practical exposure, and training & research projects. The course is focused on diverse areas from Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology & Virology, Genetics and Molecular Biology, etc. with significant laboratory practices which will enable the students to have hands on experience in doing experiments themselves.
- To offer a challenging and innovative program using the considerable interdisciplinary research and technical strengths that exists within the Institute.
- To provide students with scientific research skills in the multi disciplinary and knowledge intensive field of Biotechnology in order to equip them for career opportunities in the global biotech industry.
- To offer students, specific lecture and laboratory module options relevant to their area of research for providing core scientific insights, thereby shaping their ideas for the intellectual property & knowledge transfer and commercialization in the life sciences.
- B.Sc. Degree (Pass course or Hons.) under the 10+2+3 scheme with Agriculture/Botany/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Microbiology/ Pharmacy/ Zoology as one of the subjects. Minimum of 55 % of aggregate marks for General category candidates and Rajasthan, 60% marks for candidates from any Universities outside the State of Rajasthan
- As per the University of Rajasthan norms, if seats remain vacant in the college, the girl candidate is given reduction of 5% in minimum percentage for admission
- At the time of admission, first installment of minimum 50% of course fee + caution money should be deposited.
- Rest of the course fee can be deposited in second installment, upto 10th November, 2017.
Failing to clear the dues, till 10th November 2017, a penalty of Rs. 100 per day will be charged.
Exceptions can be accepted only on management discretion.
- A reminder will be sent to parents and students 7 days before the fee submission dates.
- Fee can be submitted via cash payment, DD, cheques or electronic transfer to account. In case of direct fee deposit through Online transfer/Cash/Cheque or DD deposition in Institute’s A/c, it is student’s responsibility to share the proof of deposition same day with accounts department and collect the receipt. Account details will be shared only after a written request from the student.
- In case of cheque bounce, a penalty of Rs. 1000 will be levied upon.
- No kind of discounts shall be given to any student in any condition.
|Sr. No.||Course||Seats||Fee||Caution Money|
|1.||M. Sc. Microbiology(Previous)||40||55,000/-||3000/-|
|2.||M. Sc. Microbiology(Final)||40||55,000/-||---|
Career Opportunities & Placement
Biotechnology industry needs professionals who can combine the skills of scientist and business strategist. Industries dealing with health care, pharmaceuticals, bioinformatics, food and agriculture heavily demands biotechnocrats. Besides, students are absorbed in various research organizations in the field of Biotechnology.
The Placement Cell assists M. Sc. Biotechnology students in planning their career and facilitates their entry into jobs that matches their interests. The emphasis is on Industry –Academia Collaborations and providing placement assistance to achieve suitable job positions. The recruiting option has been so designed to ensure maximum convenience to both the students and the Biotech world.
M.Sc. Biotechnology Scholarships
- Scholarships are available based on merit basis.
- Scholarships are available only for 1st year of the course.
- Scholarships will be released only after full payment of course fee.
- Scholarships are applicable only on course fee and not on caution money.
- Due to any reason, student leave the course without its completion, he/she has to pay scholarship amount with 12% per annum interest.
For Inhouse students
- 50% Scholarship :For University Topper
- 25% Scholarship : Above 80% in Graduation
- 15% Scholarship : In-house student of B.Sc. Biotechnology
- 50% Scholarship : For University Topper
- 25% Scholarship : Above 80% in graduation
- 15% Scholarship : 75% – 80% in graduation