Career & Placement Cell
Career Advice and Placement Cell
The Career advice & Placement cell at Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology Jaipur, facilitates the process of placement of students passing out from the Institute besides collaborating with leading organizations and institutes in setting up of internship and training program of students. The Career & Placement Cell liaises with various industrial establishments which conduct interviews and select graduate and post-graduate students from all disciplines. The aim of Placement Cell is to provide a platform whereby the students get an opportunity to interact with the industries. The role of CPC is to act as an interface between the students seeking placement and the corporate seeking to recruit talent. The placement season runs through the course of the year commencing the last week of July through to March. Pre-Placement Talks are also conducted in this regard as per mutual convenience. Job offers, dates of interviews, selection of candidates etc. are announced through the Training & Placement Cell.
Objectives of the Career Advice and Placement Cell
At the outset, Placement Cell will identify the requirements of the Biotechnology Industry in terms of Human resource and will groom students according to the skill sets required by the industry. It will provide students with placement assistance and counseling for the employment. Afterwards the cell will liaison with the industries to facilitate the selection process. The objectives include:
• Identification of student’s potential and mapping their competencies.
• Cataloguing the data base of students and faculty members.
• Providing interlink for the enthusiastic talent ready to explore the new horizons with the growing requirement of the corporate world.
• Working as a platform for moulding the students according to the requirement of the corporate world and the R D departments.
• Enabling career counseling for the students.
Structure of Career Advice & Placement Cell (CAPC)
The placement cell at Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology works actively towards building student- industry networks and relationships, thus providing students the opportunity to closely interact with recruiters. It is a committee to cater to the varying requirements of industries and students.
• Participating industries are requested to finalize the mutually convenient date for campus visit.
• The industries make a brief presentation about themselves and the opportunity for the students.
• The CPC will then initiate the recruitment drives.
• Selection of the students on the basis of written test, group discussions and personal interview as desired by the company.
Off campus Recruitment
• Industries unable to visit the campus are provided with the CVs of the students seeking placement.
• The industry will be requested to finalise the list shortlisted students and intimate the placement cell of the same.