About the course
A three-year full time B. Sc. Biotechnology program is affiliated to University of Rajasthan, Jaipur and is specially designed to provide students with the skills, knowledge and experience that are needed to pursue a successful career in biotechnology.
- To develop hardcore specialization in various diversified areas of biotechnology and its application to Medicine, Agriculture, Environment, Neutraceuticals and functional food etc.
- To give Knowledge of both fundamental and applied aspects of biotechnology
- To encourage students to follow emerging scientific interests and talents.
- To provide students with transferable skills and critical thinking and analytical methods, laboratory techniques, team work and scientific communication, information technology and bioinformatics.
- To provide students with high quality research experience
- 10+2 (Biology/ Mathematics/ Agriculture) with 50 % marks from a recognized board in Rajasthan and 60% marks from outside Rajasthan.
- Students who have passed their last qualifying exam either in 2013 or 2012 and have not taken admission anywhere in the interim period, will be considered new entrants. Such student must give an undertaking on a ten rupees non-judicial stamp paper stating that they have not taken admission anywhere. Students who have passed their last qualifying exam in 2011 or before that will not been eligible for admission.
- As per the University of Rajasthan norms, if seats remain vacant in the college, the girl candidate is given reduction of 5% in minimum percentage for admission.
- At the time of admission, first installment of minimum 50% of course fee + caution money should be deposited.
- Rest of the course fee can be deposited in second installment, upto 10th November, 2017.
Failing to clear the dues, till 10th November 2017, a penalty of Rs. 100 per day will be charged.
Exceptions can be accepted only on management discretion.
- A reminder will be sent to parents and students 7 days before the fee submission dates.
- Fee can be submitted via cash payment, DD, cheques or electronic transfer to account. In case of direct fee deposit through Online transfer/Cash/Cheque or DD deposition in Institute’s A/c, it is student’s responsibility to share the proof of deposition same day with accounts department and collect the receipt. Account details will be shared only after a written request from the student.
- In case of cheque bounce, a penalty of Rs. 1000 will be levied upon.
- No kind of discounts shall be given to any student in any condition.
|Sr. No.||Course||Seats||Fee||Caution Money|
|1.||B. Sc. Biotechnology Part I Integrated Course||100||52,000/- for each year||3000/-|
Career Opportunities & Placement
Biotechnology is much more diversed in terms of jobs and business, it is purely knowledge and technical based subject which could give tremendous opportunities.
The B. Sc. Biotechnology course will provide students with the skill and techniques that underpin careers in microbial, medical, animal, plant biotechnology, bioprocess technology, plant and animal breeding and the development of genetically modified organisms, dairy, agriculture, forestry fields etc.
B. Sc. Biotechnology Scholarships
- Scholarships are available based on merit basis.
- Scholarships are available only for 1st year of the course.
- Scholarships will be released only after full payment of course fee.
- Scholarships are applicable only on course fee and not on caution.
- Due to any reason, student leave the course without its completion, he/she has to pay scholarship amount with 12% per annum interest.
- 25 % Scholarship : Above 90% in CBSE or State Board of Class XII, 2017
- 20% Scholarship : >85% - < 90% in CBSE or State Board of Class XII, 2017
- 15% Scholarship : >80% - <85% in CBSE or State Board of Class XII, 2017
- 10% Scholarship : >75% - <80% in CBSE or State Board of Class XII, 2017